What is phishing and how can I identify it?
Phishing is when someone initiates fraudulent communications that appear to come from a trusted source. It can happen through any channel (phone, e-mail, SMS,.. etc.). Usually, phishers aim to steal and use sensitive data, such as your credit card details and passwords.
To spot a scam or phishing attack, ask yourself the following 👇
- Is the sender unknown to you?
- Is this communication strange or unexpected?
- Are there any spelling or grammar mistakes within the communication?
- Are there any unusual links or attachments within the communication?
- Are you being asked for personal details and security information?
- Is the sender rushing you to make a decision?
If the answer is YES, we encourage you to be cautious as this might be a potential phishing attempt.